Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Why do people bother with mobile enabled websites? Reply To: Why do people bother with mobile enabled websites?

JohnW
  • Total posts: 2,642
Up
::

Hi Estim8,

estim8, post: 204643 wrote:
The main offender is poorly configured JavaScript plugins imo.
In the 9 mobile sites I assessed above, it was graphics that were the killers. Can you believe a third of them included 6,000+ KB of image files on their Home pages and only one of them included less than 2,000 KBs of images.

estim8, post: 204643 wrote:
The whole mobile/multi screen thing is evolving rapidly. New libraries of code, frameworks, even new programming languages for the web are arriving almost daily. Google is promoting a couple and Apple has just released a new one … both see a merging of web apps with native as the web and browsers improve.

Here’s a link to an article that appeared in last weeks HTML Weekly

The future of the Web (according to Google)
Interesting article.

Do I detect an echo of Google trying to go where Netscape (remember them?) Microsoft, Apple and Adobe have also tried to go – down their own pathways to web dominance?

When did Google give up on Wave? That was going to be a world beater for them at one stage. Recently they gave up on the author meta tag.

I have trouble keeping up with their changes to Analytics and Adword campaigns.

On top of all that, half the time I can’t even get a mobile phone signal and I’m only at Blaxland…

Just an opinion, but it seems to me a solid dose of simplicity in basic web publishing for mobile phones would make dramatic improvements to results.

Business Owners,
Why you need to understand this speed issue:

Apr 14: The Importance of Website Loading Speed & Top 3 Factors That Limit Website Speed
Website speed is critical to online success

Some quotes from the article:

“A disproportionately high 47% of users expect your web page to load in under two seconds.

Again, a disproportionately high 57% of your website visitors will abandon your page if its load time is 3 seconds or more.”

“To understand the importance of faster mobile website load speeds, check out these revealing statistics:

• The average Smartphone visitor to your business website will beat a hasty retreat if it doesn’t load inside 3 seconds.
  • An astounding 75% of all Internet users asserted that they wouldn’t revisit a website that doesn’t load within 4 seconds.”

Another article on loadspeed performance:

“If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.”

I hope this sort of stuff is of interest to FSs.
Regs,
JohnW