Home – New Forums Selling online Building a Website…..whats the cost? Reply To: Building a Website…..whats the cost?

John Debrincat
  • Total posts: 963
Up
::
BrisVegasGhost, post: 206854 wrote:
Thanks John for your input.
Out of the 2 website builders I contacted it seemed the quotes where miles apart. This was after supplying all the information as suggested and providing similar links to what I require.

From 12k to 25k…..the higher end might just not need business, I don’t know. It could be the amount needed to set up the required site. Then again the lower end might provide a dud site.

For example this is the sort of thing I am after.
http://www.fitnessavenue.ca/
I am not associated with this business I’m just using it so you have an idea.
Cheers

That is a pretty simple online store with a basic design. Something similar would be $5,000 – $7,000 built for you maybe up to $50 – $120 / month looks like a few products between 500 – 1,000 items.

If you use a hosted solution and do some of the work yourself then maybe $2,500 – $3,000 and same sort of monthly fee.

That site is built in some PHP software but no idea what it is.

You could accomplish the same with many open source like WordPress / Woocommerce or something similar to what we do as a hosted solution that you can then manage yourself.

I would spend some more on a decent design that would work better for you than that site.

So look for quotes max $10,000 with a nice design but probably much less really.

John