Home – New Forums Money matters Inform customers we are now registered for gst Reply To: Inform customers we are now registered for gst

J_Max86
  • Total posts: 10
Up
::
ThexArm, post: 207348 wrote:
I am assuming you didn’t issue an invoice to your customers all this while. You were only allowed to issue a cash receipt. Since you are going to be registered for GST you will need to issue invoices. An invoice need to carry certain specific information. You can google for the term there are few pages on ATO related to this.

When you issue a invoice your customers can claim the GST part in their next BAS provided they are businesses and registered for GST. I think there is ruling that you need to register for GST the moment you know you are going to hit $75k mark in the year.

I couldn’t find information as to whether you will need to pay GST for that $75k as well although you haven’t collected. I hope someone here with the knowledge can clarify that!

Hi,

Yes I have been issuing ‘Invoices’, just not ‘Tax Invoices’. Pretty sure thats how it was supposed to be done.