Home – New Forums Logistics recommendation on custom broker and freight forwarder Reply To: recommendation on custom broker and freight forwarder

EmilyYVT
  • Total posts: 6
Up
::

Hi Steve

How did it go to get your goods clear? i hope you didn’t get caught with too much storage given your goods had already arrived.

If you were to use a fowarder there would be a few extra days before storage starts at the airline to allow time for clearance.

As you now may know, with the import of food stuffs most items require processing through Quantine as well as Customs. A customs broker is a great help with that as they undersatnd the Import Food Inspection Program.

You or your broker will need to submit documents to Quarantine (AQID) which can take upto 24-48 hours to obtian a response. As mentioned above if the shipment has been sent through a forwarder the goods would be in storage if sent via airfreight 24 hours after arrival.

I have worked in senior leadership positions at Internationl Freight Companies for over 7 years with 11 years in total in logisitcs.

My new venture is to consolidate my knowledge and provide virtual support for importers / exporter and new businesses to help them grow.

My business is YOUR VIRTUAL TEAM; and i can provide independant advice at any time & introduce you to various forwarders and brokers that will be of assistance.

trust the above has been helpful & please contact me for any further information.

Emily Pearson
emily@yourvirtualteam.biz