Home – New Forums Selling online Open Cart + Arvixe for Website Reply To: Open Cart + Arvixe for Website

XD Pty Ltd
  • Total posts: 4
Up
::

Lot’s of interesting opinions and views here – and I’m sure I’m not going to make any new friends with my opinion…

Personally, I recommend avoiding anything involving wordpress if you’re going to be conducting financial transactions through the site – mainly because of the huge amount of security issues related with wordpress and its associated plugins.

Simply have a look at this site for evidence :

https://wpvulndb.com/

While wordpress does allow for automatic updates to keep the core system secure, plugins and themes don’t always keep up, and wordpress is pretty much a playground for hackers these days. Also, hackers are capable of making amazing looking themes with vulnerabilities built into them – and we’ve had hosting customers become a victim to these within days of launching their site.

I’m not going to promote the platform we develop on, but I can tell you that a lot of SEO experts will push wordpress simply because of the current hype from bloggers and developers trying to pump their own product.

Almost every decent ecommerce platform has SEO capabilities – and in reality you get what you pay for. Same goes for hosting, dont expect a $5 / month shared hosting plan to perform as well as a $250 / month dedicated VPS.

Sid