Home – New Forums Tech talk Google News: G is already implementing a separate ranking algo for mobile devices Reply To: Google News: G is already implementing a separate ranking algo for mobile devices

MatthewKeath
  • Total posts: 3,184
Up
::
JohnW, post: 211167 wrote:
Hi Matt,
If you do the same search on a desktop from the same location as your phone search, you should see much the same search results because the mobile phone algo has not kicked in yet.

No one is saying that mobile-friendly is not important. I’m just saying that I believe we will see there are a bunch of other very important ranking elements on top of the simple usability parameters that are currently defined in G’s “mobile-friendly” tool. Speed is damn important, no one is disputing that. But, why would Google rank the pages you clicked on when they are so slow? It’s a complex beast!

There is a Google speed check which has a mobile section, that checks a range of things.

I am not saying Google has done anything yet, just a quick search shows that companies are starting to get the mobile thing sorted.

I am looking forward to all sites being mobile friendly, so Google is doing the world a service :)