Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Is anyone in the flying solo community familiar with branding? Reply To: Is anyone in the flying solo community familiar with branding?

nikmaricic
  • Total posts: 22
Up
::

I love the fact that you mentioned your mind is in over drive, that you have a million things running through your head. This is perfect! However, you need to start to write things down.

As Golden Goose mentioned, I think your priority should first be to sit down and establish exactly what it is you want to achieve. Judging by some posts in this thread, it isn’t all to clear exactly what path you want to go down in terms of your business model. There are aspects of franchise, licensing, wholesale, etc.

To have a clear direction and know exactly what it is that you are wanting to do, I can’t stress the importance of having a business plan. Without one, you are basically faced with no direction. Once you have your plan, you can work on creating a brand that will work with what you are trying to achieve. So my recommendation is to first draw up a business plan.

The market that you are actually trying to find in Australia actually exists, i.e., revealing bikini, lingerie, etc. Have a look at the Byron Bay based Wicked Weasel who have quite a following (please note that the content on their website is quite revealing bikini and lingerie). So basically you just have to know how to find your niche, i.e., suppliers, potential franchisees, licensees.

Also, as mentioned in a previous post – since it is Winter approaching in Australia, this is the perfect time for you to strategise. Being a Brazilian bikini line would resonate well with quite a few Australian brands, you just need to have the write action plan and vision in place to approach them. So use this off-season time effectively!