Home – New Forums Starting your journey import business start up Reply To: import business start up

J21
  • Total posts: 37
Up
::

Hello Rick,

I’m glad you find it useful.

I personally won’t pay $3500 to get a web developer to get a website done. In my full time job, I work with a developer to overhaul our company website. It’s a very frustrating process and what was supposed to be a 3 month job, became a 7 month one. (1 day per week)

The quality of the website was also very poor despite him being a experienced full-timer. To be honest, it looks like it’s from 5 years ago despite repeated emails/samples of other websites. He said a built website is safer than WordPress, but I cannot see how his work can be compared to a big WordPress company who will provide regular updates to fix bugs etc.

As you can tell, I am a big fan of WordPress and someone who have very high expectations with little tolerance for shabby and delayed work. I am guessing you are just requiring a simple website to showcase your product line, in my humble opinion, I think you can just take a WordPress template. The final costs should be less than of your 3500 and perhaps save you a lot less painful communication with your developer to change the look of your website.