Home – New Forums Logistics Manufacturing in China – Risks? Reply To: Manufacturing in China – Risks?

MyGreatIdea
  • Total posts: 2,278
Up
::

I’m looking to manufacture a large quantity and sell it when a customer orders. It seems wasteful to ship it all the way here and then ship from internationally.

“Seems” wasteful? Have you had quotes for shipping costs? And how do they compare to the cost to warehouse and have someone else send off the orders?

Another problem that might occur is injection molder decides to up the price for the next production run despite contractual obligation and I can’t do anything sitting here in Australia. I am thinking going down the international legal action path is a lose-lose situation at a small business level. Even if I win the case, how much time will it take to resolve, how much money will it cost etc…

That’s what a manufacturing agreement is for…to protect both parties. So, are you saying you want to place a larger order to save money in the future should the possibility of a price rise come into play?

I am seriously considering injection molding in Australia. Curious as too how much extra it will cost.

Mine was quoted at five times the cost, but that including the packaging.

Wendy :)