Home – New Forums Logistics 3PL – Questions for those considering 3PL or using @ the moment? Reply To: 3PL – Questions for those considering 3PL or using @ the moment?

1911naomi
  • Total posts: 124
Up
::

I think overall freight costs itself are not too bad its the customs duty and import tax that seems a joke and the other customs charges. But I’m sure that can be justified too.
Sorry Jason i will let your post get back on track.

HarryLuke Logistics, post: 211024 wrote:
Hey Naomi

Yeah i hear you re all these uncertainties although it is just a part and parcel of freight.. If you read through the posts as such the most common input received about getting or locating a freight forwarder always comes down to locating someone you can trust.

Reasons behind this, especially sea freight, is that there are so many variable line inputs on invoices which include:
– duties
– taxes
– line entry fees (admin)
– port charges
– etc etc

and the way in which they allocate this is old school and allows for seasonal, weight and even size fluctuations as Johny mentioned.

This is why no-one ever quotes a ‘complete’ price and this personally took me a long time to get my head around initially as well until i found the right person to deal with :)

Cheerio
Jason