Home – New Forums Find the help you need Help with About Us website page Reply To: Help with About Us website page

checkvault
  • Total posts: 112
Up
::
Alimay, post: 210995 wrote:
I am in the process of writing about my business on my web page. The reality is that I am doing this because I have had a lot of personal tragedy in my life and I am now of the opinion that its time to do something for me and what do I have to lose? So I am giving it a go.
I am a one woman band and I want to give my business the personal touch. Obviously I don’t want to share my life story but I am supporting charities that have helped me in the past with a percentage of each sale. That is something that is personally important to me.
I know a lot of people say to use the term “us” as it is more professional and makes a business seem larger than it is.
When writing “us” in my about us page it just doesn’t feel right.
Can I please get opinions as to what you would think if you saw my very professional website but found out that I was one person doing this for personal reasons? I would like to say “I have chosen these charities because they are close to my heart”. Rather than the less personal “we are donating 5% to support these charities”
Any and all opinions and advise is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

There’s an article in Flying Solo’s home page today talking on this topic.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/business-writing/6-about-page-mistakes-youre-probably-making

It has some pretty good tips that you can have a look at.

Cheers,