Home – New Forums Other discussions How far would you go to get work? Reply To: How far would you go to get work?

MissSassy
  • Total posts: 1,255
Up
::

Hi Mark

Remember that the world is so much smaller now and in reality you don’t always need to meet in person face to face. The business world regularly meets over Skype and various other methods, Google etc.

Try to consider how you could do business in the future without needing every meeting to be in person. With your type of business, try to break it down to how many new client meetings you have throughout the year – some architects only have a few clients per year. If you are only going to need to see people in person once a month or once every few months, I am sure that it something you can work out.
Example:
With my business I am probably split 50/50 which allows me a much greater pool of potential clients as they don’t need to be within driving distance. Think of the benefits you can have by embracing technology and how you may be able to potentially grow your business without be reliant in the location alone.