Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to sell your products as a start-up manufacturer? Reply To: How to sell your products as a start-up manufacturer?

MichaelDigital
  • Total posts: 140
Up
::
dreambig, post: 211323 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I found this is such a great place! I am starting up a business making fresh plant-based milk such as soymilk and cold-pressed almond milk. I have a passion for food and health, that is also the main drive for me to start my own business.

I am going to make organic soymilk and premier cold-pressed almond milk with well designed recipes. They are also approved by accredited practising dietitian.

As a start-up, I really need some help on how to find my clients? People tole me that I need to start selling my prodcuts and gain some reputation before I can approch a distributor.

Should I find an agent helping me to sell? Should I really go down to retailers and cafes etc. to send out brochures and samples?

Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to establish clients to sell my products as a start-up business?

Thanks a lot!:):):)

Hello Dreambig,
interesting venture you have – as a marketing person I would approach this in a multi-pronged fashion. To begin with you need to build brand awareness, and let the right people know about your products. I would firstly let all the health food outlets know, offer samples e.t.c BUT aside from this kind of leg work-based activity I would use the online resources we all have (but often don’t know how to leverage) There are a huge number of health conscious food loving people on Facebook – and yes you can be specific geographically with FB. Also Instagram has a massive user base of 18-34 demographics – you could mount an image based daily campaign of posting relevant images, with offers, details.
But i would definitely set up a Facebook community page, and start posting information, videos, health studies and anything you can think of to interest people in your milks. Using the ‘dark posts’ of Facebook advertising you can limit your spend to as little as $5 a day to gain interest.

Then of course you can build a website, and do all that is necessary to get that noticed – link this to your social media accounts. Presumably you want to gain national, and even international markets?
Let me know if you are interested in any of this, maybe we can do some kind of ‘shark tank’ deal re: marketing.