Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to sell your products as a start-up manufacturer? Reply To: How to sell your products as a start-up manufacturer?

Anonymous
  • Total posts: 11,464
Up
::
Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 211352 wrote:
I’m not sure anyone can give you good advice without knowing how your product is to be sold – will it be long life, or sold in containers for fresh consumption?

No matter what you are going to do, you will have to have all your regulatory stuff up to scratch for this kind of thing, insurance, council permissions, and food certificates.
How will you be bottling? If this takes off bottling in your kitchen will quickly turn into a nightmare and bottling machinery costs the earth. Then there is handling the waste product/grounds and the regulations that come with that.

As long as you have all the above in place it might be a good idea to start off at weekend markets which will give you some experience with customer feedback, finding your ideal market/the people who actually buy your product (which can be different than you think), as well as giving you time to fix the small problems you will get at the start.

Get it all right and start slowly before you look at distributors or it will cost you a lot of money.

Hello Rowan,

I am renting a HACCP certified commercial kitchen and I have purchased liability insurance and I have notified food authority etc. I don`t have a bottling machine yet as I just starting up.

My products will be packed in milk plastic bottles and need to be stored under 4 degree. I am going to use HPP process to prolong the shelf life.

Yes I am in such an awkward situation right now. Though I have lots of passion and faith in what I am doing, I certainly lack of relevant experience in this field. And I am on budget as well as you know this is a problem for more starters.

The shelf life of my products are 2-4 weeks refridgerate. My target customers are cafes/ retail shops.

People telling me to get a stall in the market as well but I am hoping to boost my sales in other ways like getting help from a commission based agent etc. if that is a good way to do it.

Thank you very much again:):):)