Home – New Forums Logistics Custom Brokers Reply To: Custom Brokers

LucasArthur
Participant
  • Total posts: 3,171
Up
::

Hi Danni

Apologies in advance, although i dont really know much about you so i am kind of making a few assumptions and suggestions a tad blind.. Maybe head into the intro yourself forum, being rather new around here, and introduce yourself and what you are looking at doing or are currently doing? Just food for thought, most of us are nice around here :)

What are you bringing in, not product, but air freight? Containers? Part Containers? etc and where from? What do you understand about freight already?

As an overview, here is my assumption, you are best to speak with a freight forwarder that handles all things from manufacturer to you as there are so many unknowns in your question to be specific.

Things like are you goods being shipped by air or sea? Are your terms with supplier EXW or FOB? (good article in forum about acronyms and terms here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/logistics/33844-shipping-terms-defined-intro-newbie-importers.html) etc etc…

Basically a freight forwarder will handle everything and they tend not to be hourly but job related (or in some cases line entry related).. They do the clearing, the shipping internationally and to get it to your door, well they coordinate it…

Once you identify a freight forwarder, one you are comfortable with, it becomes easier and they are generally happy to hold your hands through the first couple (and more.. LOL)..

Cheers and look forward to learning more about you.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888