Home Forums Starting your journey What do you think? Reply To: What do you think?

Missy666
  • Total posts: 11
JFGibsonWriter, post: 212046 wrote:
Hi Sally,

I think your products are gorgeous and think there is a good call for quality, hand made products that are unique.

Your pricing seems very reasonable and I don’t think you’d have a problem marketing your products.

As others have suggested, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram would be great avenues to investigate, but don’t get caught into marketing everywhere. Find where your target audience hangs out and concentrate on building a following there.

Are you products made to order? Can they be personalised? Or are they as seen on Etsy?

If you are doing made to order, you need to consider turn around times and how busy your may be.

I’d also make sure your photographs are better quality for a website. Some of them are a little dark. White backgrounds and lots of light is best.

As with every business that is starting out of taking a big direction in expanding, check out your competitors and see how your products and service compare. Are there a lot of these types of products available? How do yours stand out as better? Can you compete with cheaper, factory made products that are similar.

Just some food for thought, but I think your products are lovely.

Good luck with it all :)

Hi Jodi,

Many thanks to you as well for your reply. It is great to get independent feedback and I really appreciate the time you have taken to look at my work, as well as posting your message.

I guess the main problem I have at present is available time. I have so much I want to do and as with everything it takes time. I am setting up a website and I have also just done this for pinterest and facebook. Such a steep learning curve. At this stage I am speaking with some local retailers to get their feedback regarding designs and pricing. So far I have learned a great deal from them on the other side of the fence. The feedback has been very positive and they love the uniqueness of design, use of eco friendly materials and quality workmanship.

Everything that is made can definitely be made to order. I actually have a couple of retired carpenters who live nearby who are helping with the production side of things whilst I can concentrate on design, marketing and every other thing small businesses have to get done!

Thanks again Jodi. I do appreciate your feedback.

cheers

sally