Home – New Forums Starting your journey Website – Shopify or Custom Developer Reply To: Website – Shopify or Custom Developer

daniel.nicotra
  • Total posts: 8
Up
::

Hi Vikki

There are heaps of great insight on this thread, I’m sure you’ve got this one covered now. Without bombarding you with too much more information just thought i’d add my 2 cents worth. Parking the shopify and web developer component for a moment try frame your thinking with your ecommerce website around the essence of a few key elements and questions to ask yourself like:

• Why you are in the business your in and link that to how do you want your ecommerce website to be perceived.
  • What/how do you want your customers to feel when they engage with your business and subsequently with your ecommerce site.

Effectively think about your customer experience above everything else first and consider every touchpoint and process flow from the external ecommerce site to the relationship with third-parties and internally to you (business).

Why I say this is sometimes whilst web developers deliver fantastic results often they can take a technically focused view. It’s important you set clear business objectives (customer experience) that you want achieved and then have them translated to the web (ecommerce) components.

Hope this makes some sense. All the best with your new journey :)

Daniel