Home – New Forums Tech talk Google drops local search 7 pack to a 3 pack Reply To: Google drops local search 7 pack to a 3 pack

mypresences
  • Total posts: 32
Up
::

I am also watching to see what google do in the paid local ads area .. they are also going as far as building their own marketplace in some markets:
http://blumenthals.com/blog/2015/07/29/google-testing-home-services-marketplace-snak-paks/

If they go fully pay to play then I would home something comes along to shake things up a bit .. it sounds like apple will be doing something big in this area so that might help.

I can also see the emergence of the virtual assistant crowd with Siri, google now, cortana and facebook m posing a big threat to their ads revenue as they mature as less and less people need to go to an archaic search engine and type their query and choose a result.

Could they be making a dash for cash while they still can?

Will be interesting to see how they plan to monetise this change with less and less UI and more tasks being handled purely by voice. Maybe their future revenue will be more about actions rather than impressions.