Home – New Forums Money matters bad with numbers. what to do? Reply To: bad with numbers. what to do?

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
16k_zx81, post: 222421, member: 33692 wrote:
My guy has just hit me with a bill for almost $4k for last fin year’s tax return – this is for figures that had been pre-processed by our bookkeeper before they were provided to him.

Have you actually asked him why its so much.
I used to have my books done by a book keeper, and my accountants fee’s were high, I actually spoke to him (you know pick up the phone), and asked why. The answer from him was that what he was getting from the book keeper needed extensive re processing. When I started doing the books myself, the accountants bill drop significantly. Everybody says get a book keeper, but the number of small business’s I work for, who have in sourced their book keeping tells me something about the book keeping business. Ok that’s my rant for the day.

And yes you can have the best accountant and book keeper, but as a business owner it is still important that you understand the numbers, you cant rely on them to be 100% committed to your goals and requirements. You do need to understand.

And I have no idea what the analogy about dyslexia has to do with this. Dyslexia – a general term for disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols, but that do not affect general intelligence.