Home – New Forums Tell me straight… WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE? Reply To: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE?

Startafreshlife
  • Total posts: 35
Up
::
HarryLuke Logistics, post: 222317, member: 34537 wrote:
Hi

Ok, i have come across this post a few times and been tempted to reply although not.. Tempted again, and then not reply…

To be socially responsible carries many different meanings for many different people.. In the corporate sector, it is generally done for the ‘perception’ of what is being done to offset the billions made by such large corporates such as the banking sector..

Yes, it is nice that they are returning a ‘little’ (and it truly is marginal the redistribution that is being done) back into those that can not afford things or require some extra help although ultimately it ends up as a PR attempt or is ‘known’ about in some circles etc. Not too mention, its a nice tax write off..

Moving on to your social responsibility and free coaching.. Offering something to free to an audience who already potentially knows about you can actually have a negative effect on you existing business model. Why, because those paying will feel that they are subsidising your charitable coaching sessions as your time must be getting paid for somehow.

Now, this is not a barrage against you incorporating costs of paid vs offsetting against free as you may be genuine (which i feel you are) although its all about the perception..

Personally, if i was to be ‘socially responsible’ i would have no links to my business and not advertise it on my website as “FREE” and would merely offer it to chambers of commerce (or relevant bodies) in my local area should they wish to run a program that i could assist or support moving forward.

Like Berty Beetle and Johny, i see free as being stung extra somewhere else.. On something else or by someone else or someone wanting to grab my details to try and sell me something else ;)

Cheers