Home – New Forums Selling online Website not mobile responsive – how do I upgrade? Reply To: Website not mobile responsive – how do I upgrade?

John Debrincat
  • Total posts: 963
Up
::
The Reading Nest, post: 222406, member: 70932 wrote:
Hi,

My website is currently not mobile responsive and I am losing business because of this. I would like to keep the current template that I have and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can go about this? The catch is I don’t have thousands to pay for a new site…

One suggestion that was made was to buy another template and transfer all the data manually. I am not keen on this idea as it has taken 18 months to build the website to this point.

Another suggestion was to talk to a web developer who is fresh out of uni/TAFE and see if they wouldn’t mind taking on a small project like this. I don’t know anyone who is in this position and not sure what I should do.

Any suggestions?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Perhaps there is another option that I just can’t see at the moment..

Susie

Your website is built using Opencart which is free open source software and it does support mobile friendly design. There are add-ons and extensions for mobiles support.

The issue with your site is the design itself you can see what Google thinks of the design at – https://www.google.com.au/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/.

Looking at the website there are some basic issues that would stop me from buying regardless of what device I used. The text is hard against the left border and there should be a margin. It does not look professional.

The checkout process is not using SSL (https) so personal information is not secure.

There is a $ sign at the front and back of the values, e.g. $6.25$ !!!

You need to address the basic issues with the website and one solution would probably be a total redesign with a modern responsive template for Opencart. I am sure there are some designers on FS who can help.

But you need to fix the core issues and make the site trustworthy.

John