Home – New Forums Other discussions Why is the attrition rate so high on Flying Solo? Reply To: Why is the attrition rate so high on Flying Solo?

SDS_CAD
  • Total posts: 5
Up
::

Well, perhaps I’m guilty of something the OP mentioned during the initial posts in this thread – digging up an old thread to comment on!
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents into it – even just so the mods have a tiny little bit more feedback.

I run my business as a sole trader, kicking along for about 3 years now.
I rarely have the time to browse through threads looking for something to comment on – and in all honesty, I’m guilty of something else the OP said – not really believing that I have anything useful to contribute!

Like many others, I signed up here because I wanted to get some advice on a few things (I think I’ve only posted 2 or 3 times in total), and it’s exactly the same each time – I come back because I have a query that I needed answered.

Interestingly enough, FS actually HAS become a bit of an authority on small business advice – if you do a Google search for anything small business related, you’ll see FS pop up amongst the first few search results, every time.
That’s gotta be a nice feeling for the FS crew :)

I would say that the biggest reasons there isn’t more active involvement are:
– like me, most people feel like they’re beginners and wouldn’t have a lot to offer in the way of advice
– I would guess that many of the signups are people that are THINKING about starting a business; they ask a question or two then either discard the idea or “put it off til later”… which they never come back to.

One of my clients actually said to me once “I’ve flirted with business ownership, but as you can see I’m back working full-time again now”.

Just some general thoughts, apologies for digging up a 4 month old post ;)
Glenn