Home – New Forums Get productive Have you replaced one long-term habit with another? How did you do it? Reply To: Have you replaced one long-term habit with another? How did you do it?

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::
Cody, post: 240338, member: 55612 wrote:
There are some great people out there who write and talk about habits. Try James Clear.

For straight up, no BS discipline, have a listen to the Jocko Willink Podcast. Start with his second podcast on the Tim Ferriss Show (Episode #187). Worth following on Twitter too. He has also written a book called ‘Extreme Ownership’ which I found very useful.

I started reading ‘Turning Pro’ by Steven Pressfield this morning. I’m paraphrasing but he said something to the effect of ‘Everyone has habits. It’s up to you to choose if you want to have amateur habits or professional habits.

In summary, for me it’s about constantly surrounding myself with this sort of information. It’s kind of weird. I don’t know them personally, but I feel like if I don’t get out of bed at 5am every morning and exercise I am letting them down.
Wow, I am genuinely surprised you feel like you are letting those that inspire you down – the thought never occurred to me within the context of somebody I have never met.

It is like having an accountability partner that only you know about :-)