Home – New Forums Selling online Paypal and Eway. Do I really need both? Reply To: Paypal and Eway. Do I really need both?

El Arish Tropical Exotics
  • Total posts: 227
Up
::
HarryLuke Logistics, post: 230047, member: 34537 wrote:
Hi Ann

Not sure if this message has been clear here, although the benefit of adding paypal AND a merchant gateway is providing your buyers with choice. This way if a buyer is particularly fond of paypal (as some are due to eBay exposure and marketing) or prefer a direct credit card gateway without the paypal middleman you are sure to capture them instead of potentially losing one or the other by not having the dual option :)

Cheers
Jason

Thanks Jason, I do understand that but I can’t afford to increase my costs for a tiny percentage of people who aren’t happy with the four payment options I offer. It would actually work against me if I saw 25% of my customers using Eway over Paypal because I would be paying a higher percentage. That’s why I say I’d need to see an increase in customers rather than a shift in the type of payment they use. I’m in a niche industry, I’m a small business and realized a long time ago I can’t make everyone a happy customer so prefer to focus on customers I can make happy.
Ann