Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Micro/Small Business Online Advisory Board Reply To: Micro/Small Business Online Advisory Board

JohnW
  • Total posts: 2,642
Up
::

Hi Laura,
I’m not denigrating your idea at all but you may want to think about it in more detail…

I liked Rohan’s comments.

Like him, I’m suggesting other broad issues for you to consider.

I don’t think you will be successful if you don’t have a more pointed focus on the types of people you want to attract to your forum, or whatever delivery vehicle you chose.

Can I suggest these questions as a starting point for your planning?

• Carefully define your target audiences. (Are you targeting large, medium, small or micro businesses?)
  • What services do you want to offer them?
  • Where are your audiences located?
  • What are your revenue generating option?
  • How are you going to engage them?
  • What do you want your audiences to do?

That focus should then help you define the types of experts you want to contribute as advisers and what you expect from them.

Eg. In what industries?

I’ve got 40 years of marketing experience but there are huge numbers of industries for which I could only offer the most general marketing advice based on basic principles.

Someone with 2 years marketing experience in a specific industry may or may not be a better marketing advisor.

All the other professions, trades and arts WILL suffer from the same limitations.

Bert loves to hit out at SEOs. So do I, if they are incompetent, misinformed, biased or wrong. The trouble is ALL the “experts” you list can be accused of the same faults.

What do you do about that?
Regs,
JohnW