Home – New Forums Other discussions Wanting advice about new client Reply To: Wanting advice about new client

gingerbeardhs
  • Total posts: 90
Up
::

Remember one of the reasons why you began your own business: There is an element of control that you get to exercise.

There is no problem turning someone down. You aren’t obligated to accept everybody who wants service performed. This is one of the joys of owning your own business (reminds me of a time I did work for a tobacco company when I was an employee). Sure, it’s tough when you want more clients but what are other situations you have to turn down work? For me they are:

• Don’t have time
  • Job is too big
  • Job is outside my scope
  • Myriad other reasons

Just because someone else could do it, doesn’t mean you have to. If they really want you as their cleaner, you can specify that you will attend at a certain time and they should be clothed. If they wont concede that, then let them find someone else.

On a side note, can you confirm the previous cleaner really moved interstate? Maybe there was a situation that terminated the previous service agreement and the easiest way to explain it is an interstate move?