Home – New Forums New here? Share your story My new editing and desktop publishing business Reply To: My new editing and desktop publishing business

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::
ContextPublishing, post: 240649, member: 87456 wrote:
Hi everyone, I’ve signed up to these forums after starting up my own business called Context Publishing.

I provide editing, proofreading and desktop publishing services. My speciality is technical, scientific and academic publications.

I have about 10 years of experience working in publishing and I really enjoy the work. My last full time job was with a research unit at a university where I worked with a lot of scientific and academic material. It may sound boring to some but I really enjoy sitting down, reading through a document and polishing it up as much as possible.

It has been a dream of mine for a while to start up my own business so I thought I might as well give it a go. I think the biggest challenge will be marketing the business and building up a stable client base. I’m enjoying the process and I hope I can build my business into a successful venture.
Hi and welcome to the forums ContextPublishing.

Thanks for joining and posting here.

Congratulations on taking the first steps and I hope your business is a wonderful success.

Cheers