Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting a Cafe – numbers! Reply To: Starting a Cafe – numbers!

The 5AR Group
  • Total posts: 15
Up
::

Hey sizzleparks!

How exciting :) As someone who owns a cafe and have done for the last 3 years, I’d love to share some of my insight.

Firstly, how long is the lease overall? What are the additional options? My immediate concern would be giving the landlord the power to evict after 18 months as opposed to you deciding to proceed with the next option period. Under what conditions can he terminate the lease? Nothing worse than you building a brand and a following, starting to turn a profit, etc. only to be evicted!

Regarding your gross sales, that’s very hard to gauge without knowing much more information and as others have indicated, undertaking your own thorough research. It is certainly possible to achieve the figures you’re talking about, but there’s so much more to consider and things such as produce and other outgoings can fluctuate.

My cafe was able to make a profit in its first year (albeit a small one) due to thorough planning, research and alot of commitment and hours within those four walls. Each establishment is different, there is no cookie cutter approach. However there are things you can do to mitigate the risk, again some great posts above re: instagram marketing and social media influencers. We used this to great success.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions, you’re welcome to private message me if you wish!