Home – New Forums Tell me straight… What do you think of this idea? Reply To: What do you think of this idea?

Calcul8or
Participant
  • Total posts: 481
Up
::

[USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] could it be that you had the zoom settings on Edge on your machine set to more than 100%? That could have made it go into reponsive mode, and rearrange the divs to appear vertically instead of in a matrix? I tried it out on Edge too, and it seems to be working ok.

[USER=38207]@Greg_M[/USER] don’t let the lack of a good idea hold you back Greg! If you sign up, you’ll at least be kept up to date with the ideas that do get developed, that will then be available to you at soopa-doopa discounts! And then, if you ever do have an idea down the track, you could have it developed at a fraction of what it would cost if you had it develop just for you. I’m aiming for a win-win :-)

[USER=61549]@MikeDav[/USER] hey Mike, thank you so much for checking it out! I’m really glad you like the idea. Building a community will definitely be the hardest thing about this, but I think when a library of useful tools starts accumulating that can be available for $20 (for example) to Suggestion Box members and $100 (for example) to non-members, the value of it will be obvious. I’m not too keen about seeking funding, because that’s not what this is about. I’m happy to take the risk of developing something and not ever selling it. I realise also that selling them at a discount to SB members may not pay in the long run, but it will be a good way to encourage engagement at least. I mean, I could have been spending the same amount on adwords and receiving nothing more than a much-improved bounce rate, which would be a waste.

Whoever signs up will be notified of any suggestion that gets picked for development once a month, and also when they become available for use. If you’re not a member, then you’ll have to keep checking in from time to time and pay full price for anything that takes your fancy.

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration