Home – New Forums Selling online Shopify alternative for Vitamin store pseudo pharmaceuticals Reply To: Shopify alternative for Vitamin store pseudo pharmaceuticals

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::
Khadija, post: 247236, member: 80016 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently with Shopify and received an email stating I cannot use the Stripe payment gateway, due to me selling Vitamins that make a health claim (falls under pseudo pharmaceuticals).

I sell natural herbal supplements, oils, essential oils and natural body care.

I looked at some other payment gateways but they seem to either charge a monthly fee $25-$50+ or an annual fee of $400 plus 2.9% and .30c per transaction. As I am a startup i want to reduce fees until my sales change.

Shopify also will charge me 1% on top of that for not using Stripe.

Currently Shopify charge 1.7% + .30 per transaction, from memory.

Has anyone had this problem and found a better gateway that doesn’t charge a monthly fee?

I am currently paying $40 a month to use Shopify. Am I better off going to WooCommerce? Is there a saving to be made by switching?

Shopify has been ok besides;

1. The limits it imposes on you for changing some aspects like the design of the cart
2. Charging you more to get Australia Postage rates in check out

I have been with Shopify since August but didn’t start selling until December/January. Not happy about them not telling me about this but I guess I should have done my research.

I still have the PayPal option for now. Not sure if Paypal have a problem with natural Vitamins. Not sure if customers need an account to pay with PayPal as i get conflicting answers when I looked into it.

Is having Paypal option only a set back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today.

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers