Home – New Forums Tech talk Moving home how can I take business phone number with me? Reply To: Moving home how can I take business phone number with me?

innotel
  • Total posts: 19
Up
::

Hi Jane,

Jane456, post: 247442, member: 97551 wrote:
However I’m under the impression that I can’t do that unless I stay within the same suburb.

Technically correct if you’re looking to move the number to another landline. It needs to stay within the telephone exchange (some exchanges can cover multiple suburbs).

I’ve looked briefly at hosted PBXs but think I’m too small and don’t need lots of features.

Moving to a Hosted PBX, or some kind of VoIP service will allow you to take the phone number with you. This will give you flexibility and allow you to take that number where ever you go.

A Hosted PBX is still quite a nice option and is one we recommend to small businesses or 1-2 person operations as it offers plenty of flexibility, lots of features and there’s generally no ‘minimum’ number of lines or extensions you need to take. It also gives you the easiest path should you ever wish to add more lines as your business goes.

I’m really not sure what I need and what’s possible and wondered if anyone would kindly advise me?

In short, a VoIP service of some kind will allow you to take your number with you without having to worry about whether you’re moving to a location outside of your current telephone exchange.

The next step is identifying what features you need for that VoIP service, which will help define what offering is better for your situation.

I’m more than happy to assist in identifying what features and offerings would suit your business.

Cheers,

Andrew