Home – New Forums Money matters Helping with my father’s business easiest way (least tax complexity) Reply To: Helping with my father’s business easiest way (least tax complexity)

LucasArthur
Participant
  • Total posts: 3,171
Up
::
beginner1, post: 249540, member: 99401 wrote:
This is the sort of complexity that seems purposefully setup to make it as difficult as possible for small business operators / family business. The payroll system is too difficult to organise for just one person.

To be honest, i dont really think its overtly difficult as its just a payrol process in order to ensure tax is gathered and paid respectively as required. Payrol, in itself, is too complicated. You just need to know what you pay in tax (tax tables exist), lodge as required and pay your duties as is ones obligation.

If money just got passed around from person to person, family member to family member without payroll or receipts for duties performed (new business that would also potentially incur payroll) there may be the likelihood of tax avoidance occurring.

IMO, if one wanted simple one would not work for oneself :(

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888