Home – New Forums Tech talk Does server location greatly effect SEO? Reply To: Does server location greatly effect SEO?

mustafamohsin
  • Total posts: 9
Up
::

Hi Mullen,

I hope you get the answer to your question but I also want to contribute my thoughts

In a way YES. Most simply said webpage load time is the main factor considered for SEO. So if you are hosting your website on another country, with the distance from your host the time taken to fetch web pages will also increase.

One more thing that can go wrong is the bandwidth provided by the host. Since some south Asian and African countries have limited bandwidth, delivery of web pages and elements will be delayed.

Needless to say, It affects SEO in a small proportion. Just check your webpage loading time from this tool: Pingdom. If it is under let’s say- 3 Seconds, No need to worry about above-said problems.

Solution: One can avail the service of a CDN (Content Delivery Network), which will help to deliver web pages quickly. All you need is to change some name servers and you are good.
But on a serious note, if you are running a local business, it is better to host the website Managed Hosting Provider, as CDNs usually change I.P address rapidly, on which you can be represented by a low reputed I.P by chance (May be used by spammers and blacklisted by search engines). If you are hosting an international website, things are going to be fine.