Home – New Forums Starting your journey Would you use a ‘business babysitter’ when you go on holiday Reply To: Would you use a ‘business babysitter’ when you go on holiday

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
23WiseWords, post: 250751, member: 100192 wrote:
1. Have you come across the term before, or have you heard it being called anything else?

hadn’t heard babysitter used before had heard of caretaker (yes old fashioned, in a modern world), and I know some virtual assistants would do it.

2. Is it a service you would use to allow you to have a break from your business, rather than working remotely
Most likely not, but due to my answer to question 4 (stock)

3. Are you aware of any competitors in the market, a google search brings up nothing?!

I have seen it mentioned on some virtual assistant sites

4. As a sole trader of an online business what problems do you foresee? i.e getting the stock to me for fulfilling orders etc
1. As Robert mentioned trust, trust and more trust.
2. How long would it take you to get up to speed with our procedures and practices. And I am guessing I would have to pay you for the training time, plus the lost time on my part training you
3. Cost, I am guessing you will want a decent pay packet, and would most sole traders have the funds for that.
4. Your availability, will you be doing this exclusively for m business or time sharing. This could impact timeframes, etc.
5. Your point above Stock, I would think very few business’s would have the ability to get stock to you, so you would need to come the stock, which obviously is a cost issue, time, security and trust.

A very good idea, but the 2 biggies for your average sole trader would be cost and stock I am guessing.