Home – New Forums Tech talk Formwork estimating software Reply To: Formwork estimating software

Greg_M
  • Total posts: 1,691
Up
::
bb1, post: 250930, member: 53375 wrote:
Greg totally unrelated to the original question, but I couldn’t help but comment on your comment, a spot on 200% correct observation. The number of times I have seen threads pop up here, saying I have created and fully developed this great tool that I think the xyz industry ”needs”, now how do I get the industry to buy it, test it, or even just play with it. And I always think what a dogs breakfast of a tool that will be.
For any buddying developers engage the industry before you cut one single line of code (I’m showing my age).

Don’t get me started Bert…I think this says it all;

A woman asks her husband, a programmer, to go shopping.

Wife: “Dear, please, go to the nearby grocery store to buy some bread. Also, if they have eggs, buy 6.”
Husband: “O.K., hun.”

Twenty minutes later the husband comes back bringing 6 loaves of bread. His wife is flabbergasted.

Wife: “Dear, why on earth did you buy 6 loaves of bread?”
Husband: “They had eggs.”

“fit for purpose” in software (and a lot of other things) is pretty rare even these days but I know I’m old and grumpy.

BTW just to get my week off to a good start, I’ve not long returned from ripping strips of my favourite telco business centre for false advertising, the word “ombudsman” appeared to resolve it…so it’s not just software.

Cheers