Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Australian freelance marketplace Reply To: Australian freelance marketplace

usiteaustralia
  • Total posts: 8
Up
::

Thanks for the input Greg, I actually debated whether or not to include that line.
I think I will edit it to make it come across less harsh, and not actually target individual countries.

But I still believe the sentiment rings true and I think the fact remains that overseas freelancers are often seen as cheaper and the quality is less. I’ve experienced it first hand for the last 9 or 10 years. Sure, I’ve had great experiences with freelancers overseas, but the bad experiences have been far more.
And yes it does swing both ways. You can get decent freelancers from overseas and you can get dodgy ones in Australia.
I really guess it comes down to ‘you get what you pay for’. The prices for offshore freelancers are so much lower, and I guess it is just natural that the quality suffers.

As far as scaling it in terms of development, yes this is not an issue. I’ve built the site and will continue with it’s development. If there was ever a need to outsource any development work, I would know where to look :)

Thanks again