Home – New Forums Get productive Making my business more intrernally professional? Reply To: Making my business more intrernally professional?

Miss Bookkeeper
  • Total posts: 13
Up
::
Paul – FS Concierge, post: 252325, member: 78928 wrote:
Hi [USER=56602]@Miss Bookkeeper[/USER] – you need at least a broad plan around who your ideal client is eg, local small srevice/retail.ecomm business with turnover of $xxxxxx, willing to pay $xx per hour and has a need for x hours pw week bookkeeping.

Once you have that, you will need a marketing plan to reach those people eg, website and advertisements.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Paul. Given the time of night I post this, I probably wasn’t clear enough.
At this stage I do not and can not take on any more clients. I don’t have or want a website or to advertise just yet.

I feel as though I could have a more professional approached with the clients I already have, and that’s what I need help with the most.

In saying all of that, I eventually will advertise and take on new clients; so how do I say no to clients whom I don’t think will fit into my plan. I find it very hard to say no to very small business/sole traders who i know are not my target market and don’t have a lot to spend on my services. These people are usually referrals from m exisiting clients and I feel like I will be letting people down if I say no.

So how do I decline work that I am not interested in?