Home – New Forums Get productive Making my business more intrernally professional? Reply To: Making my business more intrernally professional?

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
Miss Bookkeeper, post: 252333, member: 56602 wrote:
I feel as though I could have a more professional approached with the clients I already have, and that’s what I need help with the most.
?

What do you mean by you want a more professional approach with your current clients, what do you think you are doing that is not professional, maybe your clients actually like your current approach, and a ”more professional” one (whatever that is), is not required. Or maybe you are already running a very professional approach but just don’t realise it.

Miss Bookkeeper, post: 252333, member: 56602 wrote:
so how do I say no to clients whom I don’t think will fit into my plan. I find it very hard to say no to very small business/sole traders who i know are not my target market and don’t have a lot to spend on my services. These people are usually referrals from m exisiting clients and I feel like I will be letting people down if I say no.
?

I no longer say no to a potential new client ,

If they are a referral and you don’t want to the job for a valid reason, price it high, so if the newbie says no, you are not upsetting your existing client.

Even if I have a full schedule if the job is a good one, and I price it high and they take it, I always have a list of current clients who I am prepared to drop off if a better prospect comes up.