Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Recommendation for hiring an SEO consultant Reply To: Recommendation for hiring an SEO consultant

EDP_2017
  • Total posts: 4
Up
::

[USER=93597]@SF.me[/USER]

Hi Sara,

Shopify is an excellent platform for e-commerce, and great for SEO. I’ve worked extensively across BigCommerce, Magento, Woocommerce, Neto and Shopify.

Shopify is by far the easiest to work with from an operations standpoint, is heavily supported with a vast repo of plugins, and is also highly performant for search marketing out-of-the-box. Good choice!

However, why is it you feel you should be doing SEO?

I’d be wise about the channels you select for marketing as your products are fairly niche / subjective in taste. You could spend A LOT of time and effort trying to rank for terms like ‘wedding favours’ or similar, where you could just buy the traffic fairly cheap on AdWords or even market to females that are recently engaged on Facebook etc.

Paid traffic is instant, and really only means you need to factor ad spend into your COGs to ensure you’re running at a decent margin.

In my opinion, SEO is a highly effective channel for particular businesses, more typically higher-ticket/high-search-volume ones, where the payoff when you rank is worth it. I’m not sure your store would fall into that bucket.

All the best with it and good luck!