Home – New Forums Money matters Share Investing for a minor Reply To: Share Investing for a minor

Ross Forrester
  • Total posts: 155

If a child generates more than $416 in investment income they will incur tax at the rate of 68% (once they are over $1,307 it goes back to 47%).

You could look into some different type of investment products like an insurance bond. These products are taxed within the product itself and you can withdraw monies from it in 10 years time tax free.

You would need to speak to a financial product advisor for details on which insurance bonds are right for you.