Home Forums Tech talk Why does every website look the same? Reply To: Why does every website look the same?

bradzo
  • Total posts: 335
Paul – FS Concierge, post: 262700, member: 78928 wrote:
And I haven’t yet come across one that is designed to have a lot of words. And Google (still) loves words.

So a template that accommodates a 1000 word homepage seems such a natural niche to me but I have never seen on.

Whats with that?

I think what you’re referring to Peter is the “long form sales letter” type approach.

Internet Marketers, selling “information products” springs to my mind.
People like Frank Kern, Russell Brunson, Perry Belcher, Ed Dale, Mike Filsaime, and that other guy, er, Andy Jenkins – all the IM “gurus” used to use a single web page that you’d have to scroll down and down and down reading all this stuff about their newest “product”.. with calls to action littered all the way through (which led to the payment area) …

It worked in the day because those guys are very wealthy now, but to my mind, it was all a bit cheezy… :) People loved them though, obviously :) – it was the copy that eventually got you in, and forbid, I admit I’ve bought my fair share of the “shiny new thing” :)

So maybe its time to re-visit this – and before I forget, research The Gary Halbert NewsLetter – not sure whether they’re still around (I had a subscription way back when), but he was touted as being the greatest copy-writer ever. Ah! http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/

And add John Carlton, John Reese, Mark Joyner.

Google all those people for ideas!