Home – New Forums Money matters Questions on discounting day rates & estimating & tracking time Reply To: Questions on discounting day rates & estimating & tracking time

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
SallyHR, post: 258417, member: 110390 wrote:
1) should I give a discount for a day rate (8 hours) or just stick with a set hourly rate – the client has asked about a day tate.

Both in my current life and my previous one in IT, I never offer/ed a day rate, gets to messy, plus further down you mention keeping track of hours, so it sounds like you wont be just doing straight days anyhow. Value your work and charge at that rate.

2) how do you track hours for each client. Is it as sinple as an excel spreadsheet and do you provide the spreadsheet with the client before seding the invoice?

I wouldn’t share my tracking system with the client, just send the invoice, which they can query if they like, but in my many moons of charging I have never been queried on my invoices, maybe I should charge more.

3) how should I calculate estimated hours on a proposal for screening resumes & phone interviewing when we have no idea how many people will apply for each job. I thought I could possibly put estimated times down for screening resumes and Phone interviews based on 50 resumes received – e.g. 2 min screen per resume and 10 – 15 minutes phone interviews for each but I don’t know if I need to go into this detail on the propsal.

I wouldn’t break down the time per task in my proposal.

And I think if they cant tell you how many resumes you will receive, I would take one of 2 approaches. 1. X dollars per resume, or 2. Y dollars for up to 50 resumes, and $X per each additional resume.

Option 2 at least guarantee’s you a minimum fee if they fall short on the number of resumes, but doesn’t leave you having to service 200 for the same price.