Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I WANT TO SELL STUFF THROUGH SUPERMARKETS! Reply To: I WANT TO SELL STUFF THROUGH SUPERMARKETS!

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::

Having known a contract manufacturer of food products in a past life a couple of things in your question would have elicited the ”sorry but we cant be of assistance response”, before you even got though the front door.

Alex6000, post: 260444, member: 111452 wrote:
I think I finally found a nice forum to discuss my new interest.

This would be the first problem, it’s almost a I woke up this morning and had a thought bubble, now I’ll approach a manufacturer. Most of these products takes years to develop from thought bubble to market research to market testing, etc, etc. They are not interested in new interests, as they will be working with inexperienced people who have a new thought bubble about their product each day, they want established recipes, and someone who has done the hard yards..

Alex6000, post: 260444, member: 111452 wrote:
We’ve been working on a new breakfast item, which isn’t really sold through either woolies or coles.

It’s rare for a brand new product to materialise overnight, not saying it cant happen, but again this is what my friend said, people come along with thought bubbles, he already had an idea of what the big boys/girls were after, and often he was the only market research these overnight masterchefs had actually performed.

Just out of interest how much market research have you done, what has being your process to date of this new interest?