Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Business Name Assistance – Tell Me Straight Reply To: Business Name Assistance – Tell Me Straight

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::

Hi [USER=70936]@dima[/USER] ,

I am with [USER=49676]@Dave – FS Concierge[/USER] about reputation being most important in a geographically based business and agree with [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] about a name limiting you in people’s minds.

I think for the most part, a catchy name is over rated but it does have some value. I feel it becomes much more important as ambitions increase – that is, it is more important to have a memorable name when selling to the masses than it is when selling to just a lucky few.

If a lot of your business enquiry comes through DIMA, then it make sense to not undo that SEO knitting – it is more costly to undo and then re-do than just to start from scratch.

From a purely personal, psychological point of view, something does not sit right with the name “Design In Mind Architects”.

Maybe I am channelling Zaha Hadid too much but internally I expect Architects to design – in my mind, I probably use both words Designer and Architect as a proxy for each other but in reality they are not.