Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Name change for Business FB page Reply To: Name change for Business FB page

TravisLongmore
  • Total posts: 10
Up
::

First of all I’ll just assume you’re logging in as an admin to your page. To change your name it’s fairly easy:

1. Click About on the left side of your Page.
  2. Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
  3. Enter a new Page name and click Continue.
  4. Review your request and click Request Change.

I’ve been through this about a dozen different times with clients or businesses I’ve worked for and it’s VERY hit and miss. Sometimes the change goes through with no issues, other times it gets denied. Almost every time it doesn’t work it’s because Facebook claims the name change is too different to the original.

Essentially, Facebook will deny the change if it’s too far different from the original. This is to prevent pages building up an audience and then deceiving them by changing the name and content to something entirely different.

Each time I’ve done it in the past it was simply because of a business name change or a slight variation on the name so all should have been approved. Some didn’t though and I had to go through their support team to get it sorted.

There’s a little known section deep in Facebook which enables you to actually talk with a real person so I’d bookmark this link if you ever need it in future. It’s come in handy for me countless times and the support people are generally fantastic to work with.

They’re not online all the time and sometimes it takes a while before they come into the chat but this should help: https://www.facebook.com/business/form/chat