Home – New Forums Money matters Registering and the new GST on low value imports Reply To: Registering and the new GST on low value imports

James Millar
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,739
Up
::
geegee, post: 260534, member: 12056 wrote:
Thank you James for replying. I am worried that my suppliers will find it easier to just not deal with non registered businesses like me. Believing that if they stick with just registered businesses they will never have to register themselves. I will wait and see what happens when I order next.

Its a fair concern and many have expressed the same. Time will tell. We have recently been helping some foreign sellers register here but they have all been selling enough volume to justify it (several hundred thousands AUD per annum). I guess it depends on the importance of the AU market to the seller. Send them this material. This is a simplified reporting process they can follow online which bypasses need for ABN
https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/gst-on-low-value-imported-goods/registration/

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900