Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Where should your phone number go on your website? Reply To: Where should your phone number go on your website?

El Arish Tropical Exotics
  • Total posts: 227
Up
::

We have ours listed in the upper right hand corner as it should be but I also spell everything out in detail on the website, have zenchat and a contact us section. We don’t do international so luckily 6:45 am is the earliest I get calls which I politely redirect to business hours ( I tell them I’m busy getting the kids off to school) or ask them to shoot through an email.
I get a lot of calls for “free advice” and from people surfing our product lines while they question me. It’s not a good use of my time to sit on the other end of the phone for prolonged chats that are unnecessary. We spend most of our time actively engaged in the act of business outside so I usually just let the answering machine pick up which directs people to try calling back or sending an email through. I prefer email, they can gather their thoughts and I can gather mine as well as send them links to the answers to the queries answered in depth on the website. Emails can be done at a time convenient for both parties. I do realize that some some people like to talk to the person on the other end and am happy to oblige but know my limitations as a human being as well. I can get snippy when I realize they’ve been too lazy to read any information provided or start asking me how to landscape their yard with plants we don’t sell.

I think in regard to phone contact every business is different and my eccommerce is going to work differently than someone providing a service. However, I have been on the receiving end of hiring someone on an hourly rate that answered every phone call while he was working for us. It was uncomfortable and we never asked them back as he was conducting his business while he was being paid to do ours.