Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Where should your phone number go on your website? Reply To: Where should your phone number go on your website?

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
Johny, post: 262206, member: 34822 wrote:
The question I would ask here is – What would you have done if she didn’t answer the phone?

I would have left a message, and waited for a call back. In general I have found that if you leave phone message’s a large percentage of business’s will return your call and you can have a reasonable conversation with them. Whereas I would not have started using the contact forms of the other suppliers, because I find a lot of contact forms don’t get a responses, or if they do, they insist on continuing to use email to respond to you, even if you have specified a return phone call, I think it comes back to my earlier comment that they are an ”online” business and as such don’t believe they need to verbally converse with a client.

The 24/7 question has come up a couple of times, just because you provide a phone number it doesn’t mean you have to be available to answer it 24/7, do you answer your contact form 24/7, I bet not. If you make it clear on your voicemail that you will return a call, most reasonable people will consider that.
Sure some people wont have the patients to wait for a return phone call, but they also wouldn’t have the patients to wait for a contact form reply, so really no difference.

Johny, post: 262206, member: 34822 wrote:
or calls where some other method of communication would be better.

I wonder what form of communications could be better then actually talking to your customer, maybe this is a failing of business in general that we have overlooked the most powerful method of communications. IMHO