Home – New Forums Other discussions How do you tackle small business clients thinking you are bigger than them… Reply To: How do you tackle small business clients thinking you are bigger than them…

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::

[QUOTE=”LucasArthur, post: 261301, member: 34537″

For me, after typing this post, i think i have realised i need to remember that not all customers are a perfect fit as are not all suppliers.

This is a very true statement, we often get people on here saying how do I hang onto this client, they are giving me all sorts of grieve, but I want to hang onto them. My response is always dump them, they are not the client you want and they don’t belong in your team.

About 8 years ago I had one of those clients, my head said dump them but my wallet said keep them, at the time a $10K contract was a big thing, I made the right decision and dumped them, and 2 weeks later had a contract worth twice as much. You don’t want clients on your team you cant work with.

The interesting thing is about 6 months ago, this guy rings me as he had been referred to me by one of my really good clients, as he had lost 20 gardeners in the last 10 years, and my client thought I would be the perfect solution. After chatting to him about the job and some of the issues he was having the penny dropped, and I said is your address XYZ and wife ABC, woops the husband of the same client I had dumped. To cut a long story short in a nice way I would love to work at your property, but unless you have a new wife I cant take on the job. Funnily he understood without an issue.