Home – New Forums Starting your journey Registering a business name Reply To: Registering a business name

Tom1
  • Total posts: 9
Up
::
JacquiPryor, post: 261460, member: 20176 wrote:
Hi Tom,

If I understand correctly – despite ASIC errors at the time – you were able to register a business name before you had your ABN, and now you’re trying to register another that’s so similar to the first they won’t allow it?

Did you pay for the first one? If not, then in theory it shouldn’t be registered but should be ‘pending’ and without payment won’t sit in the way forever, allowing the second to proceed.

Are you applying for this second name under the same ownership as the first? If so, ASIC should recognise that – and, should allow you to continue and they will review the name etc to determine if it can be registered.

ASIC can be helpful on the phone once you get through, so if you’re unsure calling them to discuss can assist.

It’s a little hard to say without having the specific details. If you would like to send me a direct message with your ABN and/or the names in question I can look a little further and see if I can find anything further that might help.
Thanks [USER=20176]@JacquiPryor[/USER]! I didn’t register a business name twice. It’s the same business but I couldn’t get register it prior to ABN application so I decided to do the incorporation first then I still wanted to continue with the name registration and by then I was denied access.

However, it has progressed well. I rang ASIC and I was informed that it would be subjected to manual review. I’ve logged the application and subject to manual review and approval the fee would be paid.

I sincerely appreciate your insight and contribution! Blessings